Belfast City Council
Belfast City Council (BCC) is a Local Government District Council established under the Local Government Act (Northern Ireland) 2014 to administer a range of social, economic, cultural and environmental services to the local community. The current council came into being on 1 April 2015 through the amalgamation of the pre-existing Belfast City Council area together with areas formerly part of the Castlereagh, Lisburn and North Down districts.
60 elected councillors represent the people of Belfast, serving an overall population of 333,000. BCC is responsible for a range of powers and services, including land-use planning, community planning and off-street parking. The Council also has responsibility for enhanced economic, physical and social regeneration.
For information on the full range of services provided by BCC, visit http://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/ .
- Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council
- Ards and North Down Borough Council
- Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council
- Belfast City Council
- Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council
- Derry City & Strabane District Council
- Fermanagh and Omagh District Council
- Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council
- Mid Ulster District Council
- Mid and East Antrim Borough Council
- Newry, Mourne and Down District Council